Summer Camp at Central Bucks Family YMCA June 1, 2010
Attending a top-notch Summer Camp can be one of the most memorable experiences in a young person’s life. Summer Camp provides our youth with the opportunity to build lasting friendships. At Central Bucks Family YMCA, our Summer Camp Program, Camp Takoda, is designed to enrich each child’s physical, mental, and spiritual growth through planned, organized, and creative activities. Camp Takoda opens on Monday June 21, 2010!
Central Bucks Family YMCA offers different camp options, listed below, at Camp Takoda all summer. Check out our website in order to get more information about the Summer Camp Program at Central Bucks Family YMCA.
- Day Camp at YMCA Campus – Central Bucks Family YMCA is committed to providing a safe and fun camping experience for all children. A diverse menu of day, sports, preschool and specialty camping experiences is planned for children ages 3 to 15 years.
- Sports Camp – Our Sports-Specific Camps are designed to teach the skills necessary to excel at a variety of sports. These campers will practice tactical skills and drills to prepare for mini-games that will emphasize the importance of each skill. Larger more realistic games and tournaments are played on Friday of each week.
- Camp Takoda Junior – Camp Takoda Junior at the Doylestown YMCA campus is for kids ages 3 to 5 years old. Parents can choose a Half or Full Day program that runs either three or five days a week, depending on your needs. Half day programs run from 9 AM – Noon and Full day programs run from 9 AM – 4 PM.
- Camp Papooses at New Britain Baptist Church – Camp Papooses at New Britain Baptist Church is for children ages 3 to 4, who want to have the camp experience, but may need indoor time as well. Nap time is available, if desired. Another BIG benefit to Camp Papooses is that children do not have to be potty trained.
- Special Needs Camp – Children with special needs can still go to camp at Camp Takoda. Our program supports children that have physical disabilities, disabilities related to autism, minor behavioral problems, ADHD, and other developmental needs.
- Teen Travel Camp – From 9am – 4pm, teens ages 12 – 15 can attend Teen Travel Camp at Central Bucks Family YMCA. Teens will visit a different place each day as they travel to Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, and Lehigh counties. Trips are Monday through Thursday, with team building, character development and games on Friday at the YMCA. Teens will also have use of the Teen Center before and after trips.
- Counselor in Training (C.I.T.) Camp – The C.I.T. program is for teenagers that enjoy working with children and acting as a role model for others. C.I.T.’s may specify whether they would like to assist with Day Camp or in Sports Camp. The daily schedule will consist of lesson planning, group activities, and group role-playing, as well as, working with camp groups.
- Babysitter Training Camp – We have turned our Safe Sitter Babysitter Training Course into a camp. In this summer camp, the campers will learn how to handle emergency situations, how to care for children of different ages, will become certified in American Red Cross CPR and First Aid, and receive Child Abuse Prevention Training.
- Art Camp – Art Camp was a HUGE success last year, and we hope to continue that tradition again this year. We are offering two separate Art Camp sessions, one in the morning from 9 AM – Noon and another in the afternoon from 1 PM – 4 PM. Art Camp is designed for kids ages 5 to 9 years old and will be held in the Art Pavilion at the YMCA Campus in Doylestown, PA. Campers will learn about different genres of art while creating a new genre of their very own.
- Drama Camp – Drama Camp will focus on short skits, monologue and song. Whether your child is the lead in the school play or is just looking to break onto the scene, this camp is for them. Drama camp runs from 9 AM – 1 PM on weekdays and is held at the Teen Center for kids ages 6 to 10 years old.
- Fishing Camp – Campers ages 8 to 12 years old will receive a fishing pole and lures so they can enjoy fishing at 4 or 5 different fishing spots during the week. Fishing camp runs from 9 AM – 1 PM and campers will receive instruction from experienced fishermen who know all the tricks.
- Guitar Camp – From 9 AM – Noon at the Teen Center kids ages 8 to 12 years & 12 to 15 years old will be taught to play the guitar according to their own ability, and will be given daily practice chords/songs for homework. Guitar camp is for all levels of guitar players. Campers that do not own a guitar can purchase one for $50.
As you can see, we offer a WIDE variety of summer camps for local kids and teens. As you may have read in an earlier blog post from us, we are still collecting donations to help send Kids to Camp, so if you can help with that initiative, we would greatly appreciate it. If you have any questions about any of our camp programs, or about how you can donate to Kids to Camp, please feel free to leave a comment below and someone will get in touch with you ASAP. We hope to see you at Camp Takoda 2010!